As promised, I wanted to deliver some audio and video on the process of the “Jet” snare drum I modified in this previous article.
Video shot with phone, audio captured with Tascam DR44 onboard mics. No compression or EQ (but that’s my living room, not my studio).
Pre-production video on YouTube.
Here is a short montage showing the features sounds of the drum before I worked on it.
Production montage of process
The I made a a slideshow of the drilling, fitting, parts, and labor put in (3 hours total).
Post: showing off the finished drum.
Of course, I recorded a vid to capture the features and sound of the finished drum.